Participants block

Participants block

by P Keyse -
Number of replies: 6
I'd like to canvas opinion on whether it's useful to see which participants are actively using a course. The existing participants filter focuses on inactive users while I'd quite like to easily identify those who are actually using the material.

I could be wrong but somehow I expect this would simply involve changing ">" for "<" in a php file somewhere and if so which one?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to P Keyse

Re: Participants block

by Matt Campbell -
For some time now, the columns for this block have been sortable - just click on the column you want to sort. There's a toggle - ascending and descending, so if it's putting the older access times at the top just click the last access column and you should see the most recent at the top.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

Re: Participants block -- unenrolled students showing

by Sue Espinoza -
Matt, I set up a new course and have enrolled only one student. However, when I go into the course and click on Participants, I see a list that includes that one student as well as the names and pictures of all the students who had been enrolled in my course from last summer (but are not enrolled in this semester's course). How do I limit the Participants to just the students enrolled in the current class?

Help much appreciated (and needed)... smile
--Sue
In reply to Sue Espinoza

by Don Fitzmahan -
I face a similar problem as Sue. A number (but not all) of our students and teachers are appearing in the Participant lists for various (but not all) courses. They do not appear as Students or Teachers under the Assign Roles lists. Any ideas?

Thanks -- Don
In reply to Don Fitzmahan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Two places to check: on the front page site Admin>Users>Permissions>Assign System Roles and check they have not been put in there, for if so they will appear everywhere on the site. Also, go to siteadmin>courses>add/edit courses and click on a category - top right you will see AssignRoles. Make sure they have not been assigned at category level there, or they will appear in all the courses in that category.
HTH
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by B Beals -
What if both of those are clear, and all course creators, teachers (editing or non), show up in the participant list? I know it might be realllyyyyy stupid, but is it just because I have full admin and therefore can see anyone anywhere?

TIA
B2
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Michael Weeks -

Mary,

Thanks, that helped me a bunch.  I was banging my head on the edge of my desk wonder what I was doing wrong, and how someone could drive this beast, as I set up a trial capabilities and navigation assessment site of Moodle.

I know this is an old post, but the information is still relevant.

Thanks,

Weeks