More slasharguments problems?

More slasharguments problems?

by Paul Taylor -
Number of replies: 2
I have read most of the stuff I can find on slasharguments and tried various things but I still can't get it to work properly.
I have a new version of Moodle (now 1.3.1) running on a managed server.  The server is running 1.3.29 and as far as I can see from the logs, gd version 1.8 is running.  A quick run of phpinfo says that the server supports jpeg, png, gif  (no mention of .jpg) etc.  On the site admin it says that there is no gd version detected.  If I change this to 1.x or 2.x it does not save the settings.  I have also changed the slasharguments but it still gives me the message:

".jpg, .gif, .png, .jpeg" not supported on this server.

Any suggestions as to where to look next?  Something in the php files?

As it is a managed server I seem to have little or no access to Apache other than mime change and index.

Paul
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Taylor

Re: More slasharguments problems?

by Paul Taylor -
My service provider tells me they are running gd 1.6.2 and have no real intention of going to Apache 2 which I assume would use gd 2?.  I did find an interesting post from Nigel Ward under "User Pictures" here on this forum that the ISP needs to enable "readfile" because pix.php uses this.  I have e-mailed this to my ISP to see if they can do this..it is EasySpace by the way.   I hope this does it as everything else works fine..as I have come to love.
In reply to Paul Taylor

Re: More slasharguments problems?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sorry, is this a question about GD or about slasharguments? I'm not clear as to what your problem is?