moodle.org, tracker et al. a bit creaky?

moodle.org, tracker et al. a bit creaky?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 13
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
A lot of the moodle.org services seem to have got very slow or not at all over the last few days.

Something wrong?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: moodle.org, tracker et al. a bit creaky?

by Mauno Korpelainen -
Confirmed - now and then loading pages from moodle.org freezes for a minute or you need to close browser and try again - or connection to database is lost...
I already thought somebody has "blocked me out" from moodle.org wink
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
My main hassle has been with the bug tracker which is like treacle. Plus, it seems to have fallen out with Safari on the Mac - many of the menu options just don't work anymore. All's well in Firefox. Strange!

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I noticed that with tracker too, I have to load up firefox whenever I need to do anything with tickets.

-eric
In reply to Eric Merrill

by Robert Brenstein -
I noticed the same both with tracker and with moodle.org. There are periods when the response is better but then gets worse again.

And it is indeed sad that the tracker used to work with Safari and does not anymore.

by A. T. Wyatt -
Agreed. I have waited several minutes to log in, and the same to go to a page. Have given up more than once in the last two days. Today seems to be better.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Rowan Chakoumakos -

Last night logging in to the forums at moodle.org timed out for me more than once.  I agree that today does seem a little better but still kind of slow.

Rowan

by Kevin Xu -
I had one awkward error logging into demo.moodle.org yesterday but other than that, everything has been smooth sailing.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle.org seems to be just extra busy lately, I'll give it a little love ....
The tracker server had some other issues caused by huge backups which should be fixed now (thanks Eloy!)

Tracker (Jira) has not been upgraded for a while so I have no idea about the Safari thing.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Dan Poltawski -
The safari issue is unrelated. Its definitely been like that for a while (since I switched back to safari from camino some time ago.. before june).

I've been meaning to file a bug for ages, and just did!

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDLSITE-333
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Roger Emery -
moodle.org really slow again now.
Took a few attempts to login with database connection error messages.
Finally got in.
Hitting reply to this posting took 30 seconds to display this text entry box.
Something isn't right!

Roger (on a very fast internet connection - currently showing 56Mbs)

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Gary Anderson -
Could the slowness (which is still evident) be related to the server now being set to compress output? I assume that this would be pretty computationally intensive and perhaps the server cannot handle the load in the current configuration.

In addition, when servers get slow, I notice that users soon refresh the page or try logging in with different browsers, only compounding the problem.