by Andreas Grabs -
Number of replies: 20
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

the new 1.8 version of feedback has some fixes:
  • missing pagebreaks are back
  • the issue with disappearing nonanonymous responses is solved
  • an issue with session if more than one feedback are in a course
  • changing the table feedback_template, field public -> ispublic, public is reserved in oracle
  • two little changes on the excel-export
  • the gui now is like the version 1.9
This 1.8 version you can download from cvs (MOODLE_18_STABLE) or from here.
It also runs on moodle 1.9 but it isn't the version for 1.9.
If you want to upgrade your old version the old version have to be smaller than "2007102601".

The next thing I will do is to complete the version for 1.9 and 2.0 respectively.

Best regards
Andreas
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Feedback: I updated the current version for 1.8

by marcus arnold -

hi there,

just wondering where to copy the files to, for example the old version of feedback required the files and folders to be copied into the corresponding folders, whereas these folders in your version are completely new...sorry if this is a trivial question,

many thanks

In reply to marcus arnold

by Ian Evans -
Did you get an answer for this? I, too, am confused. I tried copying the contents of the latest Feedback zip file into my 'mod' directory and I was able to create the feedback I wanted. But I couldn't use it. Whenever I click on the Feedback that I created, it takes me to the edit screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I also tried copying the v1.7 version of the 'blocks/feedback' folder into my 'blocks' folder, and it did create a feedback block, but clicking on my newly-created feedback just took me back to the edit screen (for adding questions, etc.)

Is the latest zip file correct?

Thanks,
Ian

by Michael Gough -
Does this fix the block issue. When I try to enable the block, it does not show anything on the course even though feedback objects are there.

In reply to Michael Gough

by James Tinkess -
I am running 1.84 on Solaris and did copy the lang files over to the blocks/feedback dir from the mod/feedback/lang dir but it, the block is still empty and only seems to display in edit mode.

Any tips appreciated,
james

by Mariana vd Walt -
Hello Andreas

I have downloaded this version and installed it, hoping that it will solve the problem that i have of the Administrators not being notified when an entry is made.

Unfortunately my version of Feedback was already higher than what you specify above, so that i got the message "cannot downgrade". I have already copied the source code over the previous source code - what do I need to do now?

(And how can I solve the problem of the administrators not being notified?)

Regards
Mariana
In reply to Mariana vd Walt

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Mariana,

what version did you use before? What version did you download? To restore your old version you have to drop the new feedback-files and copy your old feedback-files instead.

Andreas

by Mariana vd Walt -
Andreas

The versions are in this error message that I get when I now go to the admin directory as administrator user:

Version mismatch: block feedback can't downgrade 2007072500 -> 2007050302

I downloaded the latest 1.8 version and installed it. My reason for doing the upgrade was that feedback does not send out the notification emails to administrators, and I wanted to rectify that.

Thanks
Mariana

by Dan Hilke -
Should this work with 1.8.4??

I upgraded moodle from 1.8.2 (with Feedback working fine) to 1.8.4, and now I can't get Feedback to work. The tables installed without an error, and I have the option to add a new Feedback, which brings up the form page to create a new one; but when I click SAVE, then I get this Error:

Could not add a new instance of feedback

Any idea why?
Thanks,
Dan

In reply to Dan Hilke

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Dan,

can you tell me what version off feedback do you use?

Andreas

by Dan Hilke -
Yes - from the "block_feedback.php" file, it's Ver 2007050302.

I hadn't looked at that until you just asked for it; is there a newer one that works with moodle 1.8.4 (20080311)?

Thanks,
Dan
In reply to Dan Hilke

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Dan,

please have a look at "Site Administration -> Modules -> Activities"

Andreas

by Dan Hilke -
Looking there, I see -- 2007102603
Should that work?

Dan
In reply to Dan Hilke

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Dan,

yes that should work.
Ok, you can do some things:
You can switch the debug-mode on and have a look on the output and tell me.

Or, if you have not so many feedbacks in your courses, you can deinstall the feedback-module on the admin-area and delete all files from mod/feedback. Then you put a new copy of the feedback-module into that folder an reinstall it.
Before you delete the feedback, you can backup your courses. If you restore them the old feedbacks will be back. Templates you have to create new.

Andreas

by Michael Wolfram -
Hello Andreas,

I have (actually) the same problem as Dan.
I cannot update to 1.8.4+, I get the error-message "Version mismatch: block feedback can't downgrade 2007072500 -> 2007050302!"

Debug-Messages:
* line 4952 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()
* line 1301 of lib/blocklib.php: call to error()
* line 411 of admin/index.php: call to upgrade_blocks_plugins()

Version of feedback-modul: 2007070701
Version of feedback-block: 2007072500

I took the latest Version of the feedback-Modul.
Looks like the block_feedback.php is an older Version than the installed one...

Thx,
Mike.
In reply to Michael Wolfram

by Dan Hilke -
Mike, I got mine working again - I just forgot to post what happened.
After Andreas mentioned uninstalling it in the Admin area, I went back and double checked that I had done it right, and I hadn't.

I had gone to Admin->Modules->Activities and uninstalled it, and then deleted the files from the server, etc. and thought I was done and ready to reinstall.

This time I found that in addition to Admin->Modules->Activities, I also needed to go to Admin->Modules->Blocks and uninstall it there too! I missed that the first time because it's not in alphabetical order in my list - it's at the bottom, as "Feedback".

Once I removed it in both Admin places, and then removed the files on the server, THEN it was really gone and I could install it again without an error about "version mismatch".

I hope your fix is as simple as this... Good luck.
Dan

In reply to Dan Hilke

by Michael Wolfram -
Thx for that.

But the problem with this solution is that you lose all existing feedback-entries..
In reply to Michael Wolfram

by Dan Hilke -
Well... yes. That's true. Mine were already wiped out from upgrading to 1.8.2 just before, so I didn't think of it as a big deal again when I had to wipe them out again because of going to 1.8.4.

I exported all of mine to Excel files before upgrading, but that is a major drawback.

Dan