Students Cannot View Grades

Students Cannot View Grades

by Cynthia Alexander -
Number of replies: 5

For some reason students are not able to see their grades in their course. In the settings I have "show grades" turned on, but they cannot see their cumulative grades. We are using 1.8.3 and use groups.  The attached shows a screen shot of what a student sees.  The student does have a grade for a project but it does not show.  Any ideas?  I can see all grades.  Also, why is the student view in collapsed form?

Attachment grades_error.gif
In reply to Cynthia Alexander

Re: Students Cannot View Grades

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Cynthia - That is most likely a bug that was recently fixed (see MDL-12320). I would recommend upgrading to 1.8.4+ and let us know if you still have that problem. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Cynthia Alexander -

Anthony -

I had read a number of posts for grade book problems and noted that one indicated 1.8.4 might fix another grade book problem someone was having.  I talked this over with my network administrator and he said he would do the upgrade this morning.  I will tell him of your reply and post here if it does or does not take care of the problem.

Thank you,

Cynthia

In reply to Cynthia Alexander

by Sónia Noronha -

Hi!

I'm also having trouble with the gradebook on one course I'm teaching. The course is set to no groups, but some activities are set to visible groups. Ever since I created the groups, I can only see the grades from the members of the first group, I can't export the grades (any of them!), and students can't see their grades either...

We're approaching the end of the course and it would be awful for me and the students not to be able to see the grades... Does the patch available in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-105 apply, even though I'm not using Gradebook Plus? (Using the regular gradebook from Moodle 1.8.2+)

Thank you very much!

In reply to Sónia Noronha

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sonia - The fix/patch to CONTRIB-105 (GBPv2)/MDL-12320 (standard gradebook) was completed in Moodle 1.8.4. Usually, if I come across something in GBPv2 that is really a standard gradebook issue, I try to make sure we fix it in the standard gradebook first and then in GBPv2. I would recommend upgrading to the latest version of Moodle 1.8+ and that should resolve your issue. If not, please file a bug report in the tracker and I will look into it further. Peace - Anthony