Blank pages

Blank pages

by Jack Ng -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all

I'm a new comer and have installed moodle 1.31 in RH9.0 platform following the instructions provided.

However, after installation, I cannot read anything when I try to browse the http://localhost/mymoodle/admin/index.php

I've checked that there is no error messages in the error log. My php and sql seem to work normally. Very puzzled! I just wonder if anyone can give me some hint? (like what I should check etc.)

Thank you!

Yours,
Jack

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Ng

Re: Blank pages

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Almost certainly you have not installed the php-mysql rpm. Run (as root)...

$ rpm -qa | grep php

make sure that you get
php-....
php-mysql-...

(not sure which versions you will have). You will find the offending RPM on your o/s installation disk!)
In reply to Jack Ng

Re: Blank pages

by William Minto -

I had a similar problem. I resolved this by doing two things:

(1) moving the moodledata folder into /var/www

(2) making sure I set permissions for apache to be the owner of the folders in /var/www/html/ and down (using chown -R). When I had "root" as the owner, either moodle did not install properly or could not run properly since apache could not serve the pages. At any rate, that seemed to fix it for me, after about two hours of trial and error twiddling!

Good luck.

In reply to Jack Ng

Blank page instead of admin/index.php

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jack and all others.

I had very similar problem this morning during upgrade 1.2 -> 1.3.1
After some successful SQL setups my browser was redirected to admin/index.php but no output was produced by server sad
Now I've found that problem was in included file lib/blocklib.php. It is new in distribution and I had forgotten my Linux group set to 'users' with umask set to '0022'. So my web server (running as group wwwadm) couldn't access this library and several other files - with no error message even after putting error_reporting(15).

My solution: be sure that web server really CAN access all files in your moodle directory blush