More powerful quiz module?

More powerful quiz module?

by Paolo Lariccia -
Number of replies: 5

Even if I agree with Martin about the role of quizzes I find them extremely useful for students as a quick self test.

Trying to promote e-learning in our Science Faculty at Perugia I am asked by many colleagues how to insert mathematical formulas and more recentlly how to insert more than a single image and larger ones in quiz questions.

The use of RichTextEditor would solve the three issues.

Anybody else feels this need?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Lariccia

Re: More powerful quiz module?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The Richtext editor has already been implemented as the editor for quiz questions in the current CVS. smile

You could try a recent nightly if you're desperate. The next release will be some months, I think.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Paolo Lariccia -

Without being desparate I would very much like to test it!

Would it be enough to just replace my present quiz module with the newest one or should I reinstall everything? In fact that is the only upgrade I would like to test for the time being!

Thanks!!!

In reply to Paolo Lariccia

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Whoops ... loose end. For future reference, you should never upgrade only part of a Moodle installation. For a given release (eg 1.0.9), there may be new 1.0.9 modules which you could add to an installation, but the rest has to be upgraded all at the same time.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jacob Romeyn -
Is the current CVS the same as the nightly?
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

Nightlies and CVS

by Martin Dougiamas -
Nightlies are simply daily automatic dumps of the latest code in CVS. So at most, the latest nightly will be 24 hours old.