at the end of restore, error: Could not recode question id 1528 for state 55166

at the end of restore, error: Could not recode question id 1528 for state 55166

by jason goetting -
Number of replies: 2
I have created backups for each course on a moodle 1.7 server. I've setup a new 1.8 server and am now importing each course to the new server. At the end of each import I get the following error:

Could not recode question id 1528 for state 55166

Sometimes the id number will change, but it's the same error each time. When I click "continue" the course has somewhat restored, but some info is missing in the headings and also if I click on an assigment, or any activity I get the error message:

Course Module ID was incorrect

This is happening on all courses.

I've also tried on a fresh 1.7 install as well.

Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to jason goetting

Re: at the end of restore, error: Could not recode question id 1528 for state 55166

by Marcus Hoberg -
Hi Jason,
we experienced the same when backing up from a 1.6.5 and restoring to a 1.8.3. The only way to restore courses properly was not to include the user data for the quizzes.
What I do not understand is that the "faulty" questions are not from this course! Even more: the categories of these questions were from complete independent other courses, and: the categories were not published. Why do we have dependencies to those?
Any other ideas???
In reply to Marcus Hoberg

Re: at the end of restore, error: Could not recode question id 1528 for state 55166

by Marcus Hoberg -

This bug is reported in the issue tracker (MDL-5482) and seems to have a longer history (goes back to June 2006 in moodle 1.5.4).

Anybody else facing this bug???