Course Backup Missing Quiz Questions

Course Backup Missing Quiz Questions

by Karrie Vitti -
Number of replies: 4

Please help!

We are in the process of moving to a new server and a new version of Moodle. We are currently running Moodle 1.6.5 + (2006050550). When I back up a course the questions from my quizzes are missing. Ironically the results are there. I’ve tried to restore the courses to my new server and I see results but no questions. It’s very interesting. Can anyone help me? If so PLEASE email me at kvitti@lynbrook.k12.ny.us.

Thanks,

Karrie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie Vitti

Re: Course Backup Missing Quiz Questions

by Mike Plagge -
We are having the same issue with 1.6.5+ and an earlier version. We have tried backing up just the quizzes, the whole course, with and without user data and always get the same result. The questions aren't there. Anyone have any ideas?
In reply to Karrie Vitti

by Carl Keller -
I have the same problem! Restored course backups in v 1.9+ are missing quiz questions. Does anyone have a solution?
In reply to Carl Keller

by Fig Newton -
I have found in 1.9.1 that questions are not backed up unless they are used in a quiz in that course. Also, cloze questions are lost unless they belong to a context that is attached to that course. That is, the system cloze questions which are usable among several courses are lost.

I had to move all my questions to a category below the course I was backing up in order to sucessfully move the questions.

Fig

In reply to Fig Newton

by Jim Vail -
I have a question a little off topic. I did a restore and all the question where fine, my problem was the images I used in the questions. None of the images are in the question. They are in the file directory and the quiz editor saws that I haven't loaded any images to the course. ? I've tried a few things (reloading images etc) but nothing seems to work. Thanks JIM