Server Network Connection Speed

Re: Server Network Connection Speed

by Tom Harold -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Greg,

I work within a large schools/gov network on a moodle site we have set up for many classes of school aged children. I am supporting teachers and students and helping to manage the site, but I have no access to the server end. Our Moodle site began running intermittently slow late last year and has continued to do so. We operate within a VPN. I am frustrated at the time it's taken for the experts to resolve the issue, even though we have supplied a great deal of information from users experiencing problems to the techies. Examples of problems include:

- up til about Oct/Nov last year firefox was faster than IE on both home and vpn computers, now firefox is 2 to 3 minutes slower than IE at work, but still quicker from home via ADSL
- intermittent speed problems occur, it might take 5 seconds to open a page in moodle and then a minute later it might take 3 minutes to open the same page or go back and forth between pages

I am not talking about pages within moodle that have massive video or other files - just standard webpages or navigating back and forth.

I realise that you probably need more technical info, but you might have some suggestions that I can pass on to the support staff.

Cheers

Tom