by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Andreas - It is good to see you back in action on the feedback module! I am in the processing of upgrading a production site and wanted to get the best version of the feedback module. I know that you have been doing some work in HEAD but was not sure if that was targeted toward Moodle 1.9 and/or Moodle 1.8. What is the best version to grab from CVS to work with Moodle 1.8+? Logically, I would say the 18STABLE branch; however, I wanted to double check with you and see what is happening with HEAD. Peace - Anthony
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Re: Feedback: Best version for Moodle 1.8+

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Anthony,

that's a good question wink. I am thinking about this for a while. This is the current state:
There are some different versions of feedback:
  1. for moodle 1.5.3 up to 1.6.x
    (only available on my site and the developing is stopped)
  2. for moodle 1.7.x
    (available on cvs MOODLE_17_STABLE Branch and the developing is stopped too)
  3. for moodle 1.8
    (available on cvs MOODLE_18_STABLE Branch)
  4. for moodle 1.8 and 1.9
    (only available on my site)
    This is the first version with tabs. Here I'm thinking it could be a better version for the MOODLE_18_STABLE Branch.
  5. for moodle 1.9
    (available on cvs MOODLE_19_STABLE Branch)
  6. for moodle 2
    (available on cvs HEAD)
    Currently it runs on moodle 1.9 and i still have to merge it with the version vor moodle 1.9.
My plan is to merge number 4 into number 3. So there would be three versions I have to maintain (3,5 and 6).
Back to your question I would say the best version is the version named in number 4 (1.8 and 1.9). But there are some things missing yet. I have to activate the pagebreak again and the last fix to solve the issue with the anonymous_response field. If you first upgrade the feedback-module to the version in number 3 (1.8) and after that to the version in number 4 so you should not have problems excepting the missing pagebreak.

Best regards and happy new year smile
Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Feedback: Best version for Moodle 1.8+

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Andreas - Thanks for the update. I figured it would be fairly complicated. Let me know if you need any help in maintaining things on CVS. Peace - Anthony