Attendance Sessions

Attendance Sessions

by Matthew Rigdon -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to add the attendance module to my install of moodle 1.8.+  I have it installed.  I see Attendance in the Activities Area, nothing in the Blocks Section (for configuration)  and I go to add under the activity for the course and all i get is

No Session exists for this course

no matter how many times I add the attendance session for my course.

Please Help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Rigdon

Re: Attendance Sessions

by Matthew Rigdon -

Error in adding session

So I have been able to make some additional changes to my system but now I get this error when I go to add a single or multiple sessions.  Please advise.  I will give you a little more info, I am not sure if it is because I am running MSSQL Server 2005 or not.

Moodle 1.8.3+ > IIS6 > MSSQL Server 2005 > PHP5

Matt, i am still learning the moodle stuff so any help would be great!  This is vital to our instructors having the ability to take attendance in class.

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Matthew!
It seems to me that I had this error also when I tried to add a single session, but when I added a week's worth, it worked just fine.

Did you try adding more than one session? We use IIS, Mysql, and XP on our server. I don't know if anyone has tried to use this block/module with MSsql.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Matthew Rigdon -
I have tried both single and multiple sessions and get the same error message, I am guessing i need to add the tables manually in to the database, but am having trouble with the Key relationship for the Foreign Key, what table does it relate to?  I really need some help on this.

by Matthew Rigdon -
I fixed my problem.  For those Users of MSSQL Server I have something For you!  I recently installed the Attendance Module and was not able to get it to work, so i modified the SQL scripts and was able to create the two scripts necessary for creating my tables in my database and the appropriate relationships as well.  I hope this might be considered for addition in to the next release for those of us that use MSSQL server.  A few things my table prefix is statically assigned as mdl_* for all my tables so you will have to fix that for your mdl instance if your prefix is different.