Google Highly Open Participation - Issue 81

Google Highly Open Participation - Issue 81

by Alek Keersmaekers -
Number of replies: 8
This is a theme of Sint-Rita, my school, for the Google Highly Open Participation contest. Please review it.

http://dl046.filefactory.com/dl/f/bc79b0//b/1/h/2480536ac9d50624/

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alek Keersmaekers

Re: Google Highly Open Participation - Issue 81

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
This looks like SPAM. Can a Moodle admin please check and delete this post if necessary.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alek Keersmaekers -
Why this is spam? I've hosted it on a site because the file was over 100 kilobytes.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Alek, sorry the forum attachment size limit prevented you from attaching your theme.

For anyone willing to review Alex's theme, the zip file can be downloaded from here: GHOP task 81. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Thanks, Helen!

Alek, I downloaded and tested your theme with moodle versions 1.6, 1.7,1.8 and 1.9 and most parts worked like a charm on the basis of formal_white theme. Tabs were visible in moodle 1.6-1.7 but 1.8-1.9 used standard theme tabs. First tab had some misalignment...

Links could have some more contrast / different colors on dark green or blue background. However taken as a whole GOOD JOB!

Attachment comments.jpg
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Mauno, thanks for testing Alek's theme and for your comments.

It's great that Alek's theme works with different versions of Moodle, though for GHOP task 81 it's only necessary to design a theme for Moodle 1.9.

Alek, please could you provide the URL of your school website. Also, I'm in agreement with Mauno that the links should stand out more.

Best wishes Alek and thanks for participating in GHOP. smile
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Mauno > Links could have some more contrast / different colors on dark green or blue background.

I quite agree. To me those links are almost illegible (especially the ones in tiny letters). Please please never ever write in black on dark blue or dark green background (or the reverse).

Joseph (a partially color blind person)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi Alek,
Sorry I accused you of spam. But the site you hosted your theme on was certainly not a good choice. It is almost impossible to find out on the page where to load your theme file. Plus there are some images which might be offensive to some people, plus there is an awful lot of advertising. Fortunately Helen hosted your file in a better place.
All the best,
Joseph

by Helen Foster -
Hi Alek,

The URL you provide seems rather odd. thoughtful Please could you instead zip your theme then attach it to a forum post.