This is more of a request for information so I can broaden my knowledge of document management systems (DMS).
Can someone please explain to me what WebDav is about? I have visited the WebDav web site but it is still not clear to me why people use this as a DMS. There is so much stuff there it is hard to wade through. I still could not determine clearly what WebDav is.
- Why someone would want to use it as their document management system??
- What does it do for the webmaster??
- What does it do for the site visitor??
- How does it help maintain files??
- How easy is it to set up??
- Is it something that is good enough to be included in the pending MyDMS for Moodle??
- Is it really a CVS??
I hear a lot about this WebDav as I surf sites, but I do not really understand it's worth or it's PROs and CONs.
Anyone who can explain WebDav in "layman's terms" and not "IT" or "Techie" terms please help me out with this?
I enjoy playing with MyDMS for Moodle. Again, this is just for information.
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.