Dragmath 0.6.1 ± symbol-sign

Dragmath 0.6.1 ± symbol-sign

by Patrick Tydtgat -
Number of replies: 6
Hello,
I upgraded from dragmath 0.5 to dragmath 0.6.1.
First I deleted all the files from dirroot/lib/editor/htmlarea/popups/dragmath, and then I copied all the new files in that directory.

Everything seemed to work fine except the ± sign.
I could not get the ± sign by drag and drop.

I always got the \neq sign (not equal) instead.
Could this be a bug ?

Anyway, how do I get the ± sign in texfilter to bypass this (temporarly) problem I supose ?
I suppose \???

Thanks and kind regards,
Patrick
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Tydtgat

Re: Dragmath 0.6.1 ± symbol-sign

by John Isner -
If it is a bug, you can possibly fix it yourself. Under your DragMath directory in your local install, there's a directory called formats containing a file called latex.xml. You can customize this file somewhat. There's an explanation of how the format files work in the doc directory (also under DragMath in your local install). Let us know how this works out.
In reply to John Isner

by Patrick Tydtgat -
Within the file latex.xml , the syntax correct, I suppose.

<!-- Binary Operators -->
<NotEqual>
<output1></output1>
<output2> \neq </output2>
<output3></output3>
</NotEqual>
<PlusMinus>
<output1></output1>
<output2> \pm </output2>
<output3></output3>
</PlusMinus>
Only: If I choose the \pm-button on the toolbar, I always got the \neq sign to insert.

So, I suppose the problem is rather not in the latex.xml-file, but in the link of the button on the toolbar.

Best regards, and thanks.

by John Isner -
Hmm. $$$\pm$$$ is being rendered on moodle.org as $$\pm$$, and I think they're using mimetex, although they may be using native latex. Maybe Chris Sangwin or Jonathan Hart are watching this thread and have an idea.

by Alex Billingsley -
A new version of DragMath has been released which fixes this bug. It was a problem with the button on the toolbar.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. For future reference there is also a forum and the ability to submit the details of bugs on our SourceForge project page.

Thanks
Alex
In reply to Alex Billingsley

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Alex

we/i create utf_8 german language file together with some user from the german moodle forum. i attach the file, let me know if everythings fine. I translate, the other users are mathematic teacher wink

Version is your latest 0.6.2

Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Alex Billingsley -

Andy,

Thank-you very much for this German language file. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Alex