User profile picture

User profile picture

by Rebecca Thompson -
Number of replies: 3

I have been trying to edit my user profile since April and I keep getting this error file

Warning: imagejpeg (): Unable to open

'/home/paganco/public_html/Moodle1.3/moodledata/users/246/fl.jpg' for writing

in /home/paganco/public_html/Moodle1.3/lib/gdlib.php on line 159

I keep trying to get a response from the school administator and no one seems to get back to me.

What can I do because other people can put there pictures on there profile and I can't.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebecca Thompson

Re: User profile picture

by Bryan Williams -

Hi Rebecca,

Take your image into your favorite graphics program and save it with the extension .jpg, rather than .jpeg, and see what happens. Please report your results back here.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

In reply to Bryan Williams

by Rebecca Thompson -
Thank you but that did not work I also tried linking it from my website to it and it did not work.
In reply to Rebecca Thompson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Are you *sure* other people can update their pictures? Get somebody to try smile

My first worry is that the moodledata directory is in a bad place - its accessible by the web server which is a bad plan. If it wasn't for the fact that you say other stuff is working I would suggest that there is a permissions problem with that directory. There really isn't any reason that your file would not write and others will which is I why I am suggesting that you check others *really* are.