FPDF Error with Certificate module 2007061303

FPDF Error with Certificate module 2007061303

by Charles Applegate -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I've just installed the certificate module version 2007061303, on my Moodle version 1.8.2+. I've linked it to a scorm activity, which seems to work fine. Well, almost...

However, when I go to view a certicate, I get the error "FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file". The certificate doesn't show.

I've looked on the forums, and found a few issues about lang characters, but I've deleted all language files apart from 'en', and it's all in English anyway.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help,

Charles.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Applegate

Re: FPDF Error with Certificate module 2007061303

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Charles,

It's very difficult to tell, but there is probably an error message that is stopping the cert. Could you please go to Admin, turn your debugging on, then try again and see if Moodle gives you any type of error message?

Also, let me know what that Moodle version date is, and does it work without linking to anything?

Thanks
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Charles Applegate -

Hi Chardelle, thanks for your reply, and your help trying to resolve the problem. I use Moodle version 1.8.2+, php 5.1.6, mysql 5.0.27.

I enabled debugging, and unfortunately it doesn't give me anything! I also tried using a certificate without linking it to another activity, and it still doesn't do anything except show "FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file". In the settings for the certificate, I haven't set anything except the name.

Thanks again, and happy Christmas smile

Just waiting for my daughter to go to sleep....

Charles.

by Chardelle Busch -
It's impossible for me to tell. Did you get the files from here:http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=683

You might try downloading them and uploading them again, just in case something is missing. Also, if you want, you can email me the admin login for your site and I can take a look.

by Chardelle Busch -
This error can also be caused by extra blank spaces in code somewhere. Usually it is two extra blank lines after the ?> at the end of a file such as a lang file. I haven't seen this error for awhile--the core Moodle code shouldn't cause it, but you never know. Do you have any other plugins installed? If so, check those files for extra blank lines.

by Charles Applegate -

THanks for your replies, Chardelle. I downloaded and re-uploaded the files your suggested, but unforunately this didn't solve anything.

Regarding the extra blank lines- would this be any php files in the whole of Moodle, or files in the lang directory (it would take a long time to look through them all!) ? And if I find extra lines, remove them and save the file again, do I need to restart the server?

Thanks,

Charles.

by Chardelle Busch -
Like I mentioned, this would probably only apply to any other add-on modules that you have installed. And, no you wouldn't need to restart anything. Also, you might try adding a new certificate to a course and try choosing a different certificate type--and don't choose any options, just create one with all of the defaults--no images, don't save or email, etc., and see what happens.