turnitin.com

turnitin.com

by Matthew Rigdon -
Number of replies: 4

So it was my understanding that upon integration of Moodle with the Turnitin.com System that users would be able to integrate the gradebooks as well between the two systems.  Does anyone else know if this is possible?

Moodle 1.9 > IIS 6.0 > MSSQL2005

Please Help.

In reply to Matthew Rigdon

Re: turnitin.com

by Mary Parke -
Hello!

I may be wrong, but I think the plugin only allows you to use TurnitIn to check for plagiarism in the submissions of assignments. It integrates (is really a hack) across the entire Moodle system so it is either on for all classes or off for all classes. This allows you to use just the Moodle Gradebook. It doesn't actually integrate the TurnitIn gradebook with Moodle.

We investigated using this plugin as our campus already uses Turnitin, but once we saw how extensive a hack it was to the code, we decided not to for now as we were already in the middle of a massive Moodle and systems upgrade - but that was just where we were at. That doesn't mean I don't recommend using the plugin.

You can always contact Turnitin directly. This gentleman assisted us initially and was helpful:

Marc Goldberg
Senior Account Manager
iParadigms, LLC - developers of Turnitin
mgoldberg@iparadigms.com

Good luck!

- Mary
In reply to Matthew Rigdon

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Yes this is possible. We have been using the Moodle-TurnItIn integration (plugin) for a while now and it does integrate with the stock gradebook (or the hacked "gradebook plus version 2").
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Michael McDermott -
We have not been able to use the Moodle gradebook with Turnitin as we use non-numeric grades and Turnitin does not seem to like these.

Any thoughts?

Mike McD