Missing Chat - What Now?

Missing Chat - What Now?

by John Blaser -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help - I am a relative amateur at this (no programming experience). For some reason, all of sudden, the Chat feature is gone from my Moodle installation. My host says they cannot help (even though they are ones who did the Moodle (1.6) installation some time ago. There is no chat icon on previously added chats and I get the following 3 errors when I try to do anything with Chat:

This module cannot be added to this course yet! (No file found at: ../mod/chat/mod.html) (I get this error when I try to add a Chat activity to the site)

Error 404 - File Not Found. The file you are trying to reach could not be found on the server. Please make sure that you type the URL correctly. ( I get this when I click on a link to a Chat room on my site)

This module is missing important code! (/home/johnblas/public_html/moodle/mod/chat/lib.php)

I think the module is missing and I also believe it is part of the Moodle installation. I tried to find the separate Chat module to reinstall (I think I can do that), but have been unsucessful. I don't believe I have the capability (or the experience) to do a complete Moodle reinstallation. I am at a loss as to what to do. I would appreciate any help you can provide (as quickly as possible) as I have courses running where I would like to use the feature.

Thanks much in advance,

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Blaser

Re: Missing Chat - What Now?

by Vicktorya Stone -
well, John may be long gone -- but I'm having the same problem.

Hoping for some reply --
I have a new install of 1.8, and when I added the chat activity and go into it I receive a 404 error.

So, uh ... where is it?

thanks for hints, breadcrumbs, anything.
Vic

In reply to Vicktorya Stone

Re: Missing Chat - What Now?

by Indrani Dey -

Helllo!

I seem to be having the same problem.. my chat does not show!!

Anyone listening...?? Any help would be more than welcome!!!

Thanks,

Indrani