Setting up a Wiki as Teacher

Setting up a Wiki as Teacher

by Andre Bernal -
Number of replies: 3

I used a different computer for recording the audio.
It may be my sound card. How does this one sound? (better than the AJAX video?)
Anyways, any suggestions? :)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andre Bernal

Re: Setting up a Wiki as Teacher

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your video on how to create a wiki activity. As for your previous video, I really like the way you zoom in to focus on particular things. approve I think the sound quality is better too, though you do have a very low voice.

However, the video is too long. GHOP task 18 states that the video should be between 1 and 3 minutes long, whereas yours is 6 minutes. surprise

I suggest you make the video more succinct, carefully planning the important things to demonstrate. I like the way you demonstrate how to create new pages, but you only need to do so once.

A further improvement would be to re-word your introduction. You said "A wiki is a couple of pages..." which is not quite right, is it? wink

Best wishes and thanks for participating in GHOP. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andre Bernal -
smile Thanks.
I made a new one, its...about 3:45 though.
I guess I could cut out why a teacher would want to use a wiki, logging in, and going to the course page to cut the time down more. Small things that can add up. I had to leave out my explanation of the Groups/Types table so I just said something like "You can click the '?' for more information." -- I tried going through the table real fast but it still took about 1:30 or so.
Any ways, heres the link:

In reply to Andre Bernal

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Andre,

Thanks for improving your video. You managed to fit a lot of information into it. approve

I have added a link to your video in the wiki module documentation.

I'm also going to move this discussion to the wiki module forum so that people using wikis know about your video.

Well done for successfully completing GHOP task 18. smile