Thank you for your time
I've downloaded the theme and installed it on my test server. I've only had time for a quick look today, but I like what I've seen so far.
Just one thing I've noticed already... the nav bar in the site forums is showing SITE > array (screenshot attached), rather than SITE > Forums > Site News, which is what shows in the Standard theme.
I'll review it again over the next couple of days.
As one of the criteria for task 50 was to design a theme and make the colours and graphics match the school's existing colours etc, could you post the url to the school website as well, thanks
Ill look into that weird error and give you a fix as soon as possible.
Thanks for your time!
To fix that error you need to change line 37 in header.html from:
<div class="breadcrumb"><?php print_navigation("$navigation"); ?></div>
<div class="breadcrumb"><?php print_navigation($navigation); ?></div>
In moodle 1.9+ you the double quotes from around the navigation variable in the theme header otherwise the theme will print out 'Array' in the navigation.
Following on from your advice here, any ideas on how I can fix the code for adding categories to the breadcrumb - I posted this here:
Without the extra bit for categories it works fine. With it it still gives "array"
Thanks for your theme, it looks complete and is based on your schools colours - here's a list of suggestions I have to improve it:
- There is not enough contrast between the foreground and background colour of the H1 tag. It is important to make sure your theme is accessible.
- Try using a dark grey instead of black for the body text colour, this will make the text much easier to read (#333333 looks good).
- There is quite a large fixed width margin on the body, if someone is using a low-res screen, 800x600 for example, 100px takes up a large proportion of their screen.
- The colour you have used does not quite match the colour used on your school's site. You may want to consider using a colour gradient in your header as your school does with their site.
- Small logo looks a little jagged. (like it wasn't converted to true colour before being resized.)
- The course modules on the course pages look very cramped - the list items need some more padding.
The changes look good - just a couple of things:
- 'Array' is back in the navigation.
- The background colour on the blocks has disappeared - not sure if that was intentional.
- There are a number of places where the contrast between the foreground and background is really low.