DragMath and Firefox - problems

DragMath and Firefox - problems

by Agnieszka Herczak-Ciara -
Number of replies: 12
I have installed Dragmath.
I've got 2 problems.

1) In Firefox DragMath's window is not complete. I tried to change size of window in dialog.js. But it doesn't change window of DragMath in Firefox.
In IExplorer everything is OK. What can I do to repair this error ?

2)When I've replaced smiley icon with DragMath's icon in IExplorer everything is ok, but in Firefox there is still smiley icon. Why ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Agnieszka Herczak-Ciara

Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

by John Isner -
Did you follow the installation instructions given here? If so, what version of the DragMath package did you install, and where did you get it?
In reply to John Isner

Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

Yes, I did. I followed the installation instructions.
I've got version number 0.5 from this site: http://www.dragmath.bham.ac.uk/

I'm sorry to trouble you with the second problem. It turned out to be easier than I had expected Uśmiech. It disappeared when I'd restarted my computer. I've got the DragMath's icon in Firefox now. But it's incomprehensible for me that rebooting system solved the problem while rebooting Moodle and Apache didn't help.

The first problem still stands. Could you help me ? I put screenshot below.

Attachment 2.JPG

Re: Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

by Jonathan Hart -
Have you tried cleaning out Firefox's cache? It might be caching an old version of dialog.js.

Edit ->Preferences -> advanced -> network -> clear now.

In reply to Jonathan Hart

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

What's the number ofJava's version we should use with DragMath ?
I suppose that it's Java's problem because of difference beetwen DragMath's window presented by John Isner on http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=78683 and my DragMath's window (in Firefox and also in IE). In my DragMath's window buttons like Custom, LaTeX, Maxima are missing. See image bellow.
Attachment 3.JPG

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

I've found solution of last problem. In file dlg_ins_smile.php we should change the value false in line <param name=showOutputToolBar value="false"> for value="true".
Thank you.

Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

by John Isner -
Hi Agnieszka,
The screenshot you posted above is from an old discussion. Your DragMath popup window should look like the one shown here. But anyway, I'm glad you got your problems sorted out.
In reply to John Isner

Odp: Re: Odp: Re: Odp: Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

My DragMath window looks like the one shown here, when the line <param name=showOutputToolBar value=" "> has value="false".

Re: DragMath and Firefox - problems

by John Isner -
You want showOutputToolBar to be false. The various output formats (except for LaTeX), should be hidden because Moodle can only handle LaTeX (not Maxima, Maple, Mathml, etc.).

What version of the DragMath package did you install, and when did you install it. Is it version 0.6? I believe version 0.6 was just released. It may have the parameter as "true".
In reply to John Isner

I installed DragMath ver.5. I couldn't find ver.6. Where can I obtain this version ?