sync between local & webhost mySQL

sync between local & webhost mySQL

by azman sahari -
Number of replies: 2
Hi moodlers,

What is the best way to sync bet mySQL at local PC  & mySQL at my webhost?

I love using MySQL ODBC accesing the moodle database using MS access but I cannot connect directly to my webhost for security reason.  I would like to edit mySQL locally then sync to the webhost

thanks in advanced
azman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to azman sahari

Re: sync between local & webhost mySQL

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't understand - can you give some more information. What do you mean by 'edit mysql locally'? I guess if you can't access it to set it up then you won't be able to do anything else either.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: sync between local & webhost mySQL

by azman sahari -
Sorry for the late reply

In my situation, I  edit the moodle mySQL database directly using MS ACCESS via myODBC on my local PC.

Since the webhost doesnot allow to access via ODBC connection for security reason plus it will be slow anyway, I decided to edit the database at the local PC then dump at the local PC & import at the webhost. However, I've to DROP all tables then import the new database to get the latest update.

It will be nice to have the a utility that update automatically ( sync ) from the database at my local PC to the database at the webhost

thanks
azman