Writing new module.

Writing new module.

by Emanuel Delgado -
Number of replies: 7
Hello,

I'm trying to write a new module from scratch but in view.php I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function build_navigation() in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP 2.0b1\www\moodle_ed1\mod\eddummy\view.php on line 55

I'm building the module from NEWMODULE template for version 1.7.

Another question:
Is there a standard way to turn on error_reporting() or some kind of debug mode?

Thanks,
ED
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emanuel Delgado

Re: Writing new module.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That is odd. build_navigation was only added in Moodle 1.9. Why is it being referred to in the 1.7 newmodule template?

To answer your other question: Admin -> Server -> Debugging.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by joao santos -
Indeed. I've faced this problem. Though very trivial to experienced developers, it may be confusing to "newbies".

This thread sheds some light on it
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=84072
In reply to joao santos

by Emanuel Delgado -
Obrigado pela dica, João. Entretanto descobri o problema e já fiz alguns avanços. De qualquer forma, vou dar uma vista de olhos ;)

Boas Festas,
ED
In reply to Emanuel Delgado

by Marco Antonio Toscano Freire -
Excuse me for writing here, but I have a doubt , actually i am writting a new module but dont know how publish it. Can somebody help me, please?
In reply to Marco Antonio Toscano Freire

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Marco,
To make your module available to the Moodle community, you can post it to the Modules and plugins section of moodle.org. Select the Add Entry tab.
Joseph
In reply to Marco Antonio Toscano Freire

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Marco - Depending on what the module is, you may also request that it be added to the CONTRIB section of CVS where you can maintain it there and take advantage of the Tracker. Please feel free to send me more information about the code you would like to share and thanks for your interest in contributing to Moodle's continued development. Peace - Anthony