moodle 1.3 sessions error

moodle 1.3 sessions error

by azman sahari -
Number of replies: 3
Hi moodlers,

I've upgraded fr 1.2 to 1.3
the mdl_cache_text is huge (abt 10Mb) so i dicided to just dump the structure without the data using phpMyAdmin frm my local PC. ( I wanted to upload to my webhost )
However, the error below appears .  I cannot log in. The data directory is valid.

Warning: Unknown(): open(/home/mns1001/myexamdata/sessions/sess_3a93a1382dec7c4fd58fce24dc7d5cc9, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/mns1001/myexamdata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

how do i rectify it

thanks in advaced guys...
azman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to azman sahari

Re: moodle 1.3 sessions error

by azman sahari -
hehe...

I've solved my own prob...sorry for bothering you guys...

the moodledata & sessions dir have to be set 777 in order for the 1.3 moodle to work perfectly

so...can i safely says that mdl_cache_text can be emptied to make mySQL smaller so that the database can be uploaded to another webhost easier?

am i right martin....

thanks
azman

In reply to azman sahari

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, the cache_text table can be emptied.  It shouldn't really get that big or it stops being useful.  On Admin -> Config -> Filters make the cache time shorter.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eduardo Gonzalez -
Hi, we're using  1.4 version (2004083100) on W2K and notice the HUGE size of mdl_cache_text size (110MB). We're only using moodle as an online test practice site with about 2MB of test data (mostly text). Besides the fact that the table can be emptied, should it be emptied ? should I developd a maintenance program to do it ? I setup filter->cache time to 30 secs and no improvement. I'm afraid to grow in this condition...

Any advice ?

TIA
Eduardo

Attachment moodle_cache_text.jpg