Role override - tutorial review

Role override - tutorial review

by Adam Stankiewicz -
Number of replies: 2
I made tutorial about role overrides in Moodle.
Can you review my video?
Thanks Puszczenie oczka

Link:
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=buWPJv9CcB0
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Stankiewicz

Re: Role override - tutorial review

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Adam,

Thanks for your role overrides video - your voice is clear and easy to understand. approve

As you've no doubt discovered, there are many things that can be done with role overrides, including preventing students from editing forum posts. However, I notice that GHOP task 28 requires a demonstration of how to use role overrides to give students extra capabilities, rather than less. Also, as the video should be for teachers, you need to enable teachers to set role overrides, then begin your video by logging in with a teacher account.

I suggest your video demonstrates how to enable students to rate posts in a particular forum. You may find the forum permissions documentation helpful, also the guidelines for creating Moodle tutorial videos.

I'm going to move this discussion to the roles and capabilities forum for other people in the community to comment too. You may wish to subscribe to the forum.

Best wishes and thanks for participating in GHOP. smile