Posted grades leave a mysterious zero in the next column when categorized

Posted grades leave a mysterious zero in the next column when categorized

by Susan Gould-Leighton -
Number of replies: 1
Hi All,
I have tried to see if anyone else has had this problem but I did not find it. All of our teacher's post grades to GBplus V2 and we are using Moodle 1.82. Up until now I had not been told of this problem. Here is the simplest description. A teacher has entered a group of assignments into Moodle . They are uncategorized. At some point a group of students have completed the assignment but not all. Grades are entered and saved but the assignment is still uncategorized. The rest of the students completed the assignment. Grades are entered and saved and the assignment is moved to the proper category. Suddenly the next assignment in Uncategorized shows zeros for all the students who were graded the first time. The zeros can not be deleted. They can be replaced with a grade.

This is really bothering some teachers because it seemed to appear out of nowhere. As far as I can tell since uncategorized does not count it should not make a difference in the average but it looks bad to the students and parents.

Any ideas?
susang
In reply to Susan Gould-Leighton

Re: Posted grades leave a mysterious zero in the next column when categorized

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Susan - Sorry for the delayed response. That sounds troublesome indeed. Can you upgrade your Moodle to 1.8.3+ and then the GBPv2 to the latest code available at:

http://download.moodle.org/patches18/gradebookplus_v2_1.7.zip

and let me know if you are still seeing this behavior. If so, please file a bug report in the CONTRIB section of the tracker for the Patch: GBPv2 component. Thanks - Anthony