Under Courses on Homepage I have empty boxes I can't figure out how to remove

Under Courses on Homepage I have empty boxes I can't figure out how to remove

by Jessica McKean -
Number of replies: 4
On the front page of Moodle I have 3 empty boxes that courses should go but there is no information in them and I cannot figure out how to remove them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You should see an image which shows you what I am talking about. I am a new user just running a test site with a select few faculty.

Thanks,
Jessicaemptycourses.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jessica McKean

Re: Under Courses on Homepage I have empty boxes I can't figure out how to remove

by Matt Campbell -
My first thought is that you've got some courses without full names. Do you have the MySQL Admin plugin installed? Run the following command on your database and see if you've got some courses there that don't show up under your 'Available Courses' link, and that may provide you with some clues:

SELECT * FROM `mdl_course`

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

Re: Under Courses on Homepage I have empty boxes I can't figure out how to remove

by Lesley Coe -
Check the settings for the number of news items/topics on your frontpgae.
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Jessica McKean -
Hi Matt,

I was able to fix it. I went into the MySQL data base and removed it in the courses area. For some reason 3 courses were created that just had "()" as the name and no content in them. I removed those courses and it fixed it.

Thanks,
Jessica
In reply to Jessica McKean

by Matt Campbell -
What version of Moodle are you running? If you are able to duplicate this again, it may be worth filing an issue in the tracker.

Thanks,

Matt