build upon last attempt in cloze quizzes

build upon last attempt in cloze quizzes

by Richard Lemmer -
Number of replies: 5
I'm in need of assistance. This year I upgraded from an early version of Moodle to the latest non-Beta version. I am using the same cloze quizzes as before and have also added some new ones. I have most of them set for unlimited attempts and so that each attempt builds upon the last one.

Unfortunately the interface has changed and after submitting the quiz students see all of their answers and there is no differentiation between correct and incorrect answers. In the past, the correct answers had green in the cloze box with correct answers and red in the boxes with incorrect answers. Now they see a different colored horizontal line for correct, partially correct and incorrect answers. This is very frustrating as they naturally cannot tell which answers to keep and which to delete and try again. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Richard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Lemmer

Re: build upon last attempt in cloze quizzese

by Pierre Pichet -
Can you specify which version (1.8 ?)
I have a 1.8 version at
http://132.208.141.198/moodle_18
log as moodle pw;moodle and try the test shuffle quiz.
everything seems OK.

Pierre
P.S. There was a large change in the interface for editing but not so many changes in the display ( I think none). Also which browser do you use (Explorer, Firefox(the best...))?
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Richard Lemmer -
The upgrade took place in April and I went from 1.6.3 to 1.7.1. I use Firefox with a Mac, but the CALL room in which I use it with students uses the most recent IE in Windows.

by Pierre Pichet -
You aer rigth, I can reproducec it on 1.7.2 but 1.8 is OK.
So I created a bug in the tracker MDL-12406 and will look at it

Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Richard Lemmer -
Thank you very much for taking the time to help.

Richard

by Pierre Pichet -
I have mixed results either on moodle 1.7 than on moodle 1.6 until I realize that there was a difference of these 2 versions with the newer ones (1.8, 1.9) which I test more often.
Moodle 1.6 and moodle 1.7 do not show the colored text (green, red) when you submit the question even if it is graded. This is valid either when in a quiz or with the preview question available as a teacher.
However the complete feedback and the the colored text is available when you are in the submit and finish case ( quiz or preview).
This was changed in 1.8 where you have complete feedback when the grading appears (submit or submit and finish).

Can you test this on your installation?

Pierre