BB Import yeilds "Course Module ID was incorrect"

BB Import yeilds "Course Module ID was incorrect"

by Phil Gillis -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I have tried importing a BlackBoard 7.3 archie through a newly created course's retore process. I have tried this with a BB export archive as well as a BB archive. In each instance, I get the No Users Error, but I continue and I have what appears to be the correct structure for the course. However, selecting anything yeilds a "Course Module ID was incorrect" error . . so this is proving to be a useless endeavor.

Can anyone shed some light on how to get a functional course in Moodle 1.8.3 from a BlackBoard archive?

Phil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Phil Gillis

Re: BB Import yeilds "Course Module ID was incorrect"

by Travis Burrell -
Hey Phil

I've posted somewhat similar behavior in this thread (last post, at the bottom). Basically, everything is imported with no errors, but the users don't come over.
In reply to Travis Burrell

by Phil Gillis -

Thanks for reply . .yeah I have combed that thread . and have tried about everything I can think of . . I have no idea why I get the error so as it stands, cannot import blackboard courses in any form or fashion. sad

Perhaps I dont understand, but I don't want to carry over any users . just the course content from BlackBoard.  I am also using LDAP authentication and doing batch course creation, user enrollment and accounts. If it were up to me, I would just manually rebuild the BB course into Moodle . .but the people want to be able to import it over. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Phil

In reply to Phil Gillis

by Alan Zaitchik -
My problem seems related to yours. Perhaps my report will shed some light (for someone more knowledgable about Moodle than me !)

When importing ("restoring") a course from a Blackboard zip file (in which I exported everything about the course, including student accounts and discussion forums) I saw error messages such as
Could not get the course module for the forum
for each discussion forum. The rest of the Blackboard course did seem to get imported (but see below).
Afterwards I click on Forums and see a list of discussion forums... but clicking on any of them gives the
Course Module ID was incorrect
error, and indeed the number of postings is 0 in every case.