Book Module to create Tech Support/FAQ

Book Module to create Tech Support/FAQ

by Todd Thornton -
Number of replies: 3

This may seem like a strange question, but is anyone using the book module to create a tech support/FAQ section for their students? I currently use a glossary (formatted like questions) for student self help when they encounter technical problems, but it seems using the book module they could see the entire menu and they could have the ability to quickly find issues and even print out pages/chapters with detailed instructions in case they were not comfortable using dual windows.

I've never used the book module since most of my class activities have to be tracked/locked down, so I guess my question would be "Is there a downside or potential issue with using the book module to create a technical support resource like I've described?" I've never really seen it used this way before so maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Todd

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Todd Thornton

Re: Book Module to create Tech Support/FAQ

by Joyce Smith -

Hi Todd, I use the 'book module ' to create (among other things) an Information Kiosk on the front page of my Moodle site , and, again in a course, as the 'Getting Started' section its great because you only have one 'screen' entry, which then can lead to a host of other pages you can add ! Yes the students can print those too For an FAQ , perfect !!

Love it ! smile

In reply to Todd Thornton

by Derek Chirnside -
We have looked at several options to make an FAQ, but there doesn't seem to be one that shows questions in a nav structure and pages opening up on a click.
Did you go ahead and do it?

Our book (with only junk at the moment) is here.
All I did was widen the nav bar.

-Derek
In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Todd Thornton -

Derek,

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner. Sometimes I unenroll in forums becasue I get tired of all the email messages that are unrelated. It looks like you've started something very similar. If you want to take a look at what we decided on click here. I can't remember if I widening the nav bar, but I do know that we try to be consise in the titles.

Todd