Unzipping uploaded files

Unzipping uploaded files

by Paolo Lariccia -
Number of replies: 4

(Almost) everything seems to work in my installation but I am not able to unzip files uploaded with the files link. Clicking un the "unzip" link produces the following:

Unzipping /ProvaEquationMagicfiltrataSenzaCartellaSupporto.zip:

Clicking again on the OK button nothing happens.

The OS is Windows2000 professional, the zip program is winzip.

Any suggestion?

I tried to change the following line in mimetypes.php inserting /winzip instead of /zip:

"zip"  => array ("type"=>"application/winzip", "icon"=>"zip.gif"),

but apparently this was not the thing to do.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Lariccia

Re: Unzipping uploaded files

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sorry, but zip/unzip doesn't currently work on Windows.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Robert Hetzel -

I had the same problem and am now using

// PclZip 1.3
// License GNU/GPL - january 2003
// Vincent Blavet - vincent@phpconcept.net
//
http://www.phpconcept.net

It works fine for me. I'm attaching the modified file "files/index.html". I put the PclZip into a folder named "addon" on the first level below "moodle". This might do the trick for you (and others).

The documentation of PclZip is only partly translated into English, but I'll gladly help you out. I would also be interested in knowing about any difficulties with this setup. I'm using Win XP locally and my site http://www.logo-humboldt.com is located on a virtual hosting Linux-server with apache ...

Cheers, Robert

In reply to Robert Hetzel

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks, you just fixed bug 298!

I'll add your changes to CVS so people can do some further testing.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Robert Hetzel -

Thanks for your quick and positive reaction. I'm glad you adapted the code, since I'm only in moodle and php for about three weeks now.

Robert