Search for online course developers K12 high-quality courses

Search for online course developers K12 high-quality courses

by Froukje Brouwer -
Number of replies: 9
Hello fellow moodlers,

Let me introduce myself: Froukje (Frankie) Brouwer, living in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz, CA where I work for UC College Prep Online (UCCP), a statewide initiative of the University of California.
UCCP develops and distributes high-quality courses and course content to benefit California students, with a special emphasis on helping underserved students prepare for college eligibility. But if you do not live in California, well hey, nothing is going to stop you from using them too wink

Look for more information on www.uccp.org

UCCP recently switched to Moodle and made its best course content freely available to California students and teachers.

We are now searching for companies specializing in Online course development for development of our new courses. I have done some googling, but it is not easy to find them.

If you know of any organizations or companies that would accept projects like ours, please let me know.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Froukje Brouwer

Re: Search for online course developers K12 high-quality courses

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Frankie - Thanks for sharing this resource with the Moodle community. I'll have to swing by Santa Cruz one of these days. I would really like to see some of the education students at various universities get together to create some solid course content. Let's help train teachers to become great online teachers by having them develop material and actually see it get used. Two universities that I have heard that do good online courses are Bellevue University (Omaha, NE) and Regis University (Denver, CO). I do not know if they do contract work or not but they may be worth calling to check. Otherwise, I would look at some nearby resources and see what resources you might be able to find at places like Santa Clara Univ. or some of the UC schools. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Tony Hursh -
This is an excellent idea. We generally have our students develop content for their own classrooms, but I could certainly see us being interested in a component that involves developing portable content.

In reply to Tony Hursh

by Froukje Brouwer -
Hi Tony,

Thanks! I think it is a brilliant idea too smile
Do you like to be considered to receive the RPF? If so, let me know which email address to send it to.

by Tony Hursh -
Sure, you can send it to hursh@uiuc.edu.

Thanks!

by Matt Crosslin -
Froukje - if you are interested in independent instructional design contract work, I am starting to move into that field. I am putting a business site together to highlight some of my work. I have designed Moodle courses at the college and high school levels. One of my courses won an award. You can see my site under construction here:

http://www.monsoonriver.com

Click on the Educational Technology or Ed Tech links to see more information, or also see the Instructional Design section of my online portfolio.
In reply to Matt Crosslin

by Froukje Brouwer -
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response! I looked at your website, I really like the design. We are going to send out the RFP shortly, I am working my way through it today. UCCP is part of the UC system, and our RFP is going to be handled by the UC. I am afraid it is a little bit of a bureaucratic document, but I am told that is normal smile.
I will put you on the list to send the RFP, can you give me an email address we can send it to?

ciao,

Froukje

by Matt Crosslin -
No problem - I work for the University of Texas system, so I understand the need for bureaucratic documents smile

Here is the email: monsoonriver@gmail.com

by Manuel Klimis -
I am interested. Please contact me for more info.

by Roger Hanley -
Hello, Frankie,

I represent a company called FYI Online, developers or high quality, interactive, engaging high school courses that utilize blogs, wikis and Teacher Space (to allow teachers to supplement the content seamlessly) that are aligned to all core content national standards as well as iNACOL standards. I have worked with UCCP in a couple of capacities in the past, while I was at Apex Learning and again while at Elluminate. I'd love to hear more of what you folks are doing these days at UCCP.

Roger Hanley
VP, Business Development
FYI Online
www.fyionlinelearning.com
rogerh@fyionlinelearning.com