How to remove admin and teacher from gradebook

How to remove admin and teacher from gradebook

by Sanjay P. K. -
Number of replies: 6
I am using Moodle 1.8. In the gradebook of a course I see myself ( I am a teacher) and User, Admin. How can I remove them from the gradebook? ( the presence of these 2 users affects the statistics.) When I look at the grade exceptions, I don't see these users. When I I go to the personal profile page of admin from gradebook I see the 'Admin User is not enrolled in this course' message.
In reply to Sanjay P. K.

Re: How to remove admin and teacher from gradebook

by Mary Rydesky -
I have recently been struggling with this, too. So far I have found no documentation on solving the problem. Here is hoping that this thread uncovers it.

If all else fails, you can exclude an admin or instructor from an assignment. I had to set this up one by one in a course, and that was grusome.
In reply to Mary Rydesky

by David Fountain -
I have seen something but I think it is on 1.9
I have used groups and then not put the admin/instructors in a group - can be done automatically with enrolment keys. Then every assignment is specified to be groups (even if you have just 1 group)
In reply to Sanjay P. K.

by Thomas Eibel -
On the administrator page I select in the administration block => Aussehen (maybe it is Design in english) => Bewertungen (guess Grading) and here I can select, which roles shall be graded.
Maybe this can solve your problem.
I use moodle 1.8.3.
best regards, thomas
In reply to Sanjay P. K.

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, all!

I agree with Thomas--I am wondering if your problem is with roles and assignments more than it is with the gradebook. We do not have admins or instructors showing up in our assignments (hence they don't show in the gradebook), and I think the answer could be because I have defined the role for admins and instructors to be "not set" with respect to "submitting and assignment".

To the best of my knowledge this was a default roles setting.

Perhaps you could go take a look? You really should not have to be excluding instructors and admins from assignments! (We use 1.8.2+)

Login as admin and use the admin block:
users > permissions > instructor > edit permissions
look for assignment (half way down the page)
submit assignment should be "not set"

atw

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Brian Beaver -
OK, I have this problem: I assigned course creator to a teacher in our Moodle server (1.9.2). She's already worked with Moodle and was busily creating her courses, and all of a sudden the admin user and the other course creator/teachers on the server show up in the gradebook.

As atw posted, I went into admin, checked the users -> permissions -> teacher (in our case), went to assignment, and verified that 'submit assignment' in the assignment zone is "not set". I've done the same on users -> permissions -> course creator, and still all the course creators and teachers show up in this course.

I just checked another course and it does the same. Now, when I check the drop down box for the visible groups in the Grader report dropdown, of course it only shows the students in that group. Is this something that's supposed to happen?

I'm getting ready to have about 30 teachers and course creators on this - might be a bit confusing for new teachers.

Thanks for advice -

brianb