What do you suggest? please read

What do you suggest? please read

by Mahmut Kurucu -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone,

We have approximately 90 courses, and 6000 users.. This is our university's elearning website... We thought that we had to clean our moodle because there are so much unused e-mail addresses and account. I searched the moodle.org about cleaning the users but I run into that when we delete users, moodle does not actually delete them. We have to clean our website and upgrade to a newer version, fixing bugs, getting securities etc...

It is very hard to backup all courses and urging students to singup again, but are there any ways to do it?

What do you suggest dear moodle lovers? smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mahmut Kurucu

Re: What do you suggest? please read

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hello Mutlu,

I do not know what version you are using, but whne we upgraded from 1.6 on an old server to 1.8 on a new server, we created a clean empty 1.8 install on the new server, backed up our courses on by one (including the course users) in the old Moodle and restored these back ups one by one in the new Moodle. The result was that only the users who were enrolled in a course were moved to the new server and old or inactive users were left behind in the old server.

Rgrds.
Paul.
In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Ynt: Re: What do you suggest? please read

by Mahmut Kurucu -

Thank you Paul

We are using 1.7.1+ version of moodle.

That is, when we backup a course with users who were enrolled to the course, It really bakcups with user details, not only username or anything else, exactly the user details such as password, email...??

Is there a way to backup and restore all courses at once, or not?

In reply to Mahmut Kurucu

Re: Ynt: Re: What do you suggest? please read

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hi Mutlu,

Yes, in our case users were restored with all their information, including their user pictures.

I do not know of a way to back up all courses at once. (And we wouldn't have wanted that for we also left behind a number of old obsolete courses in the old server).

Rgrds,
Paul.
In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: What do you suggest? please read

by Mahmut Kurucu -

Hi Paul

Thanks for your helps.

Anybody else who will suggest anything ? smile