Book Resource in 1.8 Who can edit pages???

Book Resource in 1.8 Who can edit pages???

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have Book installed in Version 1.8.3 and I need to know if it is possible for students to update the book and add chapters?

Currently on our system, only teachers can add information. We'd like students to do this as well to create an interactive book where they can all add chapters.

I looked in the "Role Permissions" and did not see an entry for the book module to adjust any permissions for any of the roles.

Any help is much appreciated. This is a great little module and our teachers like it, but want students to be able to add directly to the book as an ongoing story writing activity.

Thanks!
Chris Kenniburg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Book Resource in 1.8 Who can edit pages???

by Andy Tagliani -
Normally not Chris, you can create a new role, like co-teacher or stud-teacher, the basic role must be the teacher role. Thats the way me make it, but be carefull, you must configure the rights, example they can not became the right to change the course settings, no roles settings, no rights to check the reports etc.

Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Should there be a setting in the roles specific to the Book Activity? I do not see any role specific settings.

Thanks,
Chris
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Andy Tagliani -
Sorry i forgot, they must have the right to manage activities in a course! Check step by step the rights for a new role, example, they should not manage files etc.

Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Ger Tielemans -
Would be handy to have a chapter in the Moodlewiki, dedicated to all kinds of invented versions of roles, like this one...
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Andy Tagliani -
Your´re right Ger! One thing i forgot to post, if someone choose this way, in the most cases, this role must turn editing on inside the course, because inside the book is no edit on button! If you switch the editing mode on, this role can edit the book module.

Bye Andy