by Ghassan Geara -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

Upon testing an installation of the "Feedback" module, i noticed that the "picture" field shows a fixed (?) list of countries' flags!
Is there a way to make this list "update-able"? We need to be able to upload our own pictures instead.

Are we missing something?
Thanks,
G
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ghassan Geara

Re: Feedback: bug with the "Picture" field?

by Ghassan Geara -
As per the post above, can anyone give us a hint?
How to create "Picture" fields if the picture list is fixed to a list of countrie's flags?

thanks folks!
G
In reply to Ghassan Geara

by Jit San Chia -

Hi,

I don't think you are missing anything : )

I guess the picture field was designed for surveyees to indicate which countries they come from. That's all. So there's no provision to upload and use our own pictures, which is justified, as I see "feedback" module as a survey, and text is usually sufficient for that purpose.

If you have a fixed set of pictures to be used for all feedbacks in your moodle site, you can place them in the "/mod/feedback/item/picture/library" directory (and remove all the flags if you have no use of them : )

If you really need to have customised set of pictures for each feedback, then you will have to hack the lib.php file of the picture item. I have done that for fun, so let me know if you need that hacked file.

May I know how you intend to use feedback with pictures?

In reply to Jit San Chia

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I like the idea of being able to upload and use pictures. I believe that some work was being done to use the Moodle questions but I am not sure what has transpired (if anything recently). There are instances where I think that pictures would be appropriate for surveys. For example, do you prefer logo A, logo B, or logo C? So if someone wanted to create a feature request for using pictures in feedbacks I would certainly vote for it. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by jayne morgan -
I agree. As someone who teaches film and media, having a visual option in the Feedback would be an excellent idea. Strategically, too, we could use it - we are just doing a staff survey re. a new building development so a visual choice/option would be great.