login stuck again

login stuck again

by laurie fooks -
Number of replies: 3

Last night, I upgraded from a pre 1.3 release CVS to last night's CVS - all went well and was working fine. This morning I am unable to login. I am on a shared hosting service.

I also have the questionaire and wiki modules - these have not previously been a prob.

I have checked all the previous suggestions I can find

domain name in config.php - both scicomonline.com (normal) and www.scicomonline.com
secure forms were off - can't get to the variables form now
I have adjusted norton firewall as well as tried with disabled

I ran the session test - advised they were not found and it proceeded to start them. - Still won't login after this - maybe this is the root cause????

My normal browser is firefox and shows no indication
IE gives the following screen

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edudev/public_html/scicomonline/moodle/theme/formal_white/config.php:36) in /home/edudev/public_html/scicomonline/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 644

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edudev/public_html/scicomonline/moodle/theme/formal_white/config.php:36) in /home/edudev/public_html/scicomonline/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 645

Any suggestions welcome on what I can do? - or is this maybe a server problem? 

thanks

laurie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to laurie fooks

Re: login stuck again

by Ruben Fonseca -

Laurie,

I had this problem before too.  Check the config.php in the theme/formal_white folder and make sure there are no additional lines after the closing php tag.  Mine had a couple of lines.  Once I deleted those everything was fine.

HTH

Ruben

In reply to laurie fooks

Re: login stuck again

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
The cause of the headers already sent error message is due to a blank line at the beginning or end of the file /home/edudev/public_html/scicomonline/moodle/theme/formal_white/config.php
You can use my script https://webwork.math.ohio-state.edu/configcheck.php to check this. Enter the url
http://www.scicomonline.com/moodle/theme/formal_white/config.php