WebCT Import

WebCT Import

Höfundur Tim Williams -
Number of replies: 7
Mynd af Plugin developers
Does anybody know which version of WebCT the question import function was designed to work with. It just keeps telling me that there are no questions in the file and the format of my question files seems to be rather different from the example.

Mine come from WebCT 3.6, although most of the courses were written in 2.2.
Meðaltal dóma: -
In reply to Tim Williams

Re: WebCT Import

Höfundur Luca Botturi -

This is also the problem we have (posted some 2 weeks ago) and that keeps us from moving courses to moodle from WebCT.

IF we get a confirmation that it actuallz does not work, we might consider to integrte the import module with some new code for WebCT.

We use WebCT 4.1 CE - but also our courses were developed under older versions.

In reply to Luca Botturi

Höfundur Tim Williams -
I've worked this out now. My mistake was to try and import the quizzes by picking up the question files directly from the file system in WebCT. If you do an export from the web interface, then it works fine.
In reply to Tim Williams

Höfundur Luca Botturi -

This is waht I did, but it does not work... If it is possible, could you please send me one of your exported files, so that I can see if it works on our installation and to compare it with the ones I have exported?

thanks!

Luca

In reply to Luca Botturi

Höfundur Tim Williams -
I should probably elabourate on that, the filter seems to be quite limited in what question type it can and cannot handle, so some stuff still won't work for that reason. It only works with Multiple Choice and Short answer questions, unfortunatly if the filter sees a question type it can't handle it will just refuse to import the entire file instead of ignoring the bad question.

I've included one which does work.
In reply to Tim Williams

Höfundur Luca Botturi -

Thanks!

And here is the problem! My export format is XML... completely different. You said you use version 3.6, while we use 4.1...

How did you do the export? Through the EXPORT tool in the control panel (that is how I did it)?

Luca

In reply to Luca Botturi

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Höfundur Luca Botturi -

That's it David, it finally works!

Thanks God we had no hurry - but we were beginning to implement a new IMS QTI module...

Unfortunately, it works only with MC and S questions... but this leaves out only three ot my original set.

Thanks a lot!

Luca