Whatever happened to 'New Assignment'

Whatever happened to 'New Assignment'

by Mark Pearson -
Number of replies: 9
Some while back in the 1.1 version there was a module called "New Assignment" that allowed instructors to upload a marked up version of the student's word or other assignment back into Moodle to have it accessible to the student. What happened to this? Is it still available?

M

"It's a hamster, Mr Fawlty, a Siberian hamster"
"No, Manuel, it's a rat"
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Pearson

Re: Whatever happened to 'New Assignment'

by Jay Lloyd Neal -
Hi. Several of my faculty piloted using New Assignment under 1.2 with only a few problems related to course backup. The module Mr. Daniel Miksik has modified works quite well, with the exception that you have to warn your faculty to exclude the eAssignment data from backups, and you as admin need to copy some of your ThemePIX data over to an odd location for upload icons to work properly. I haven't tried it under 1.3x yet. I will be waiting for 1.31 at least because I am in the middle of our summer faculty dev workshops. Here. Have my custom eAssignment icon
Attachment icon.gif
In reply to Mark Pearson

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Picture of Core developers
I use it through the whole site. Even more: I disabled the standard Assignment module. That's why I'm lobbying for the inclusion of this feature in the main Assignment. wink
Pablo
In reply to Pablo Etcheverry

by N Hansen -
I second this. For my purposes, the standard assignment module is useless.  I need to be able to comment directly inside the assignment.
In reply to Mark Pearson

by W Page -
Hello All!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the "New Assignment" addon?

I was not able to locate it on the "Modules and AddOn Page",
http://moodle.org/download/moodles/

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Pablo Etcheverry -
Picture of Core developers
In fact, this module has not been included as an "Official" one. I don't know why... sad
You can find it here , but I advise you that I haven't tested it under 1.3.
Good luck,
Pablo

by Tom Murdock -
Wow. I just looked at this mod for the first time. It is really, really cool. Here's a vote for future inclusion.
In reply to Tom Murdock

by Tim Allen -
Hear, hear, it is essential functionality and very much in the social contructionist spirit.    Please let it be considered...smile             

by W Page -
Gracias Pablo,

I dowloaded the most recent version posted on the thread.  Only problem I had was the icon in the mod did not display.  Otherwise, the mod worked "OK" in v1.3.1.

WP1