Please, help: Bug in Moodle 1.2.1: Cannot update logs

Please, help: Bug in Moodle 1.2.1: Cannot update logs

by David Delgado -
Number of replies: 3

I have tried to update logs in Moodle 1.2.1. I have a very small Moodle installation of just about 300 users and less than 30 courses. In about 1 hour, the updating stops and does not finish. We have checked max_execution_time=30 , session.gc_maxlifetime=1440 in php.ini. It does not seem to be related to these ones.

We DO need help, since ALL the ADMINS cannot work, waiting for a new update to finish, not to run parallel updates. The last one stopped in about 1 hour. Please, HELP! What can we do??? sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Delgado

Re: Please, help: Bug in Moodle 1.2.1: Cannot update logs

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle still works while the logs are being updated, and will work in fact even if you don't update the logs (the problem is only that the old logs don't appear in the main interfaces).

I've had some updates go for over an hour though, no problem.  I'm not sure what your timeout might be.  Try a faster CPU?  wink wink
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Please, help: Bug in Moodle 1.2.1: Cannot update logs - Martin, I am sorry, you are wrong

by David Delgado -
It is not the CPU... it keeps having about a 99% CPU in mysqld while the hour it is updating. When it is done, CPU use becomes normal. Any other idea? smile
In reply to David Delgado

Re: Please, help: Bug in Moodle 1.2.1: Cannot update logs - Martin, I am sorry, you are RIGHT :-(

by David Delgado -
The second process of updating have just finished. Now it works perfectly. I am sorry for being so alarminst. It is common in me. sad