Can't get columns to line up in list view

Re: Can't get columns to line up in list view

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
And here is the preset for Moodle Buzz, which is even closer to your needs I think.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Michael Harwood -
Thanks for your help, both of you. I will try what you suggested on the weekend.
In reply to Michael Harwood

by .. .. -

Is this a case of applying an individual css class to each column (using a single row in list view)? I have applied one class to all columns and it did not work. I also tried creating a single new class for each column, and this works. I have not tested this theory to see if it works again, but looking at the code above, I am beginning to suspect there is something about Moodle that this is true. I may however be proved wrong on this. Fingers crossed I'm not.

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Amy Lee -

Hi Martin (or any other experts available),

I'm using your pretty Moodle Buzz preset which suits most of my needs, however, I've encountered three problems I cannot solve:

1. How do I get the rating to work/show? Rating is enabled, but nowhere can I see that people can rate the posts. How do I set it up in all the templates, including search?

2. If an url is not posted, can the title (in all views) simple show as plain text, instead of as a link (leading to a blank page, which will frustrate the users)? Our resources include books only available in print. 

3. An url such as http://books.google.ca/books?id=K2AvZmco3E0C&lpg=PP1&ots=cKrlI1Gufe&dq=man's%20search%20for%20meaning&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false cannot be saved. Is there a solution?

My ability to write html code is zero. Your preset has been such a great help. Look forward to solving these remaining issues. The first one is the most urgent.

Many thanks!!!