WebClass installation

WebClass installation

by The WebMaster -
Number of replies: 26
Hi Folks,

I need some help in installing and configuring WebClass by Rashan Anushka.

Moodle 1.8.2, Apache2 & PHP5 is the platform.

Based on Rashan's simple guide:
  1. Installed Red5 Flash Media server. I used version 0.6.3.
  2. Installed WebClass module
  3. Saved PowerPoint presentation as jpg's and zipped them
  4. Created an activity using WebClass
  • Streaming server: rtmp://servername/oflaDemo
  • Enabled video & slides
Now, during testing no video shows up; no audio either. The Red5 server works perfectly. I know this by using the built-in demos.

Am I missing something? Anything wrong with the config?

Please help. Thank you.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to The WebMaster

Re: WebClass installation

by Rashan Anushka -
hi,
did u configure flash plugin settings?
right-click on movie ->settings..
then allow the site to use your camera and mic

BTW i know that this module lacks a detailed documentation, but i will publish one as soon as i get some spare time smile
In reply to Rashan Anushka

by The WebMaster -
Hi Rashan,

I can't seem to configure Flash plug-in settings for the streaming video. The settings option is muted. Its the opposite case for the slides. Clicking on "Start Broadcast" doesn't work. Another problem is the slides are shown out of a frame where its supposed to be. The test was done using Mozilla FireFox 2.0.0.9

By the way, WebClass does not seem to work with IE6. It just shows "Loading content..." or something to that effect.

by Carlos Blanco -
Hi Rashan,

I agree with Webmaster there. IE6 makes a total mess when using webclass. I hope you can have the documentation out as soon as possible so that we can help in making it one great apps!

BTW, My problem is the same as Webmaster.

WebClass installation

by ahmet b -
Hi Rashan,
Thanks for the great tool and nice tutorial
now we download on our system but we are getitng the following problem when try to use it

require_js: http://ourmoodle/lib/yui/tabview/tabview-min.js - file not found.

Thanks in advance
In reply to ahmet b

by Rashan Anushka -
ahmet,
what is the moodle version you are using. also could you check whether the file exists (this file belongs to yahoo usr interface library comes with moodle).

by ahmet b -
thanks for the quick respond.
we have 1.8.5
and the file is there.

In reply to ahmet b

by Salavat Sayfullin -

ok, problem was solved, files were missing, I just uploaded them into appropriate place.

We have the problem with setting up webcam and audio settings, I aagree with Webmaster, settings option is mutted, is there any other way. I am using Firefox. In IE7 it did not show up just saying - Loading... (however, sometimes it appears).

In reply to Salavat Sayfullin

by Rashan Anushka -
In order to configure the flash player, you may use the adobe settings manager tool available at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager06.html

from the list, select our moodle site and click on "Always allow"

In addition, you may add your domain as "Always allow" in the following too
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

by Salavat Sayfullin -
Thank you Rashan, I have done as you said and now it is working in IE7. Nice work (truely it was a bit hard accomplishment for me - the challenges were installing JAVA, RED5, and installing webclass)
In reply to Salavat Sayfullin

by Rashan Anushka -
nice to hear that smile
yes, at the moment installing this is bit tricky, but i hope this will be simplified in future (specially when red5 become more mature).

by yannick nanguet -
Hello.
I am French I speak English well, I have a problem to post(show) the camera under IE.
I explain, the camera display loading to arrive viewed her(it) I have to rafraichisse the page to several time while with firefox or opera that walks(works) very well straight off. Can you help me thank you.

by Andreas Stoeffer -
Hello Rashan,

thanks for your work to add Red5 to Moodle.

Videos working fine but I have problems with the Webclass module in every browser version.

The only I get is "Loading..." for both, slides and presenter video screen.

I have allowed flash to use my camera and microphone.

Do you have any ideas why it don't work?

Andreas

My server is Debian etch with Java 5 and the Red5 Debian package (0.6.3)
In reply to Andreas Stoeffer

by Andreas Stoeffer -
Hello,

the video broadcast is working smile
but the slides not.

Now I have only 2 parallel green lines. It is possible to navigate with the slides, but they are not shown.

Andreas

by Rashan Anushka -
did you upload the slides with proper procedures. If possible send me a sample zip package (either post here or just email me).

by Andreas Stoeffer -
Hello,

sorry for my early postings.

Now the slides are working. I have a german Powerpoint and the slides called "Folie01.jpg" and I changed the code in "javascript.php" like this:

function displaySlide(){
var slide= slidePath+"Folie"+slideNo+".jpg";
var FO = { movie:slide,width:650,height:487,majorversion:"7",build:"0",bgcolor:"#FFFFFF"};
UFO.create( FO, "slide-show");
}

Andreas
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Odp: Re: WebClass installation

by Łukasz Sanokowski -
You're right!

It is necessary to change file name in file javascript.php in function displaySlide(), because MS Powerpoint is naming .jpg files differently in each language. For example in polish language every page of presentation is named "Slajd01.jpg Slajd02.jpg" etc.

Default setting var slide= slidePath+"Slide"+slideNo+".jpg"; works in english language.

Regards

In reply to Łukasz Sanokowski

Re: Odp: Re: WebClass installation

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
for OpenOffice, i had to change it to "img[xx].jpg"

i guess you should have an option in the module setup that can define the type of slides generator (PP, OO, Custom...)

smile

by Christoffer Aronsson -
Hey R,

This modules looks very impressive, however, I am experiencing the same problems as previous posters. Any hints would be appreciated, as well as documentation when you can provide it.

Closing, I'd just like to say how excited I am about all these Red5-implementations that are starting to show up. These things, when mature enough, will shurely become moodles "killer apps". Thank you for the initiative and keep up the brilliant work.
In reply to Christoffer Aronsson

by Rafael Mota -

Hi,

I installed the server and Tomcat and Red5, but I'm don't work webclass there any tutorial? Someone could help me how to webclass usually perfect.

thaks,

In reply to Rafael Mota

by Rashan Anushka -
hi,
I have created some demos and uploaded to YouTube. So they may help you to get webclass work.

by Juan Montemayor -

Good day sir Rashan. I have already installed this great module. I followed the steps that you prepared in youtube and I was able use it. I can upload then view an flv file. My setup is (Fedora Core 8 + Apache 2 + PHP5 + MYSQL5)

My problem is I can't use the red 5 streaming server. I don't know how to configure the linux server's "tomcat + java" so i tried installing it to a windows machine using this link http://osflash.org/red5/windowstomcat and yet I can't still use it.

Can you guide us how you configured your linux server (Fedora 8 + Java + Tomcat) to use RED 5? Is there a problem with this link http://osflash.org/red5/windowstomcat?

Thank you in anticipation of your favorable response.. KUDOS! from Philippines..

In reply to Juan Montemayor

by Rashan Anushka -
On windows you may just install a suitable windows setup file available at
http://osflash.org/red5/070final

If you want to install red5 on fedora, then pls see my videos. I have shown how to install red5 on fedora in one of my videos.

by Juan Montemayor -

Thanks for the quick reply sir. The java version you used in your setup is this:

java version "1.6.0_03"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

Mine is:

java version "1.7.0"
IcedTea Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-b21)
IcedTea Client VM (build 1.7.0-b21, mixed mode)

How did you set it up? Is there any difference? How will I point the path of flv files if I am going to use Windows server for RED 5. Thanks again!

by Mahwish Waheed -

Hello

I am new to this webclass module...i was looking at the manual to install it but it was so much confusin...is there any step by step way to install this webclass activity including the red5.....moreover the webclass activity is not downloading from the link given in main thread........I am waiting for your reply

mah.wish9@ymail.com

by Virendra Sonawane -

server: rtmp://servername/oflaDemo

Not able to understand what exactly we have to put/replace with "servername". We have replaced "Servername" with our our server name, but still it showing "No Video".

Please suggest how to solve this problem.

Please advice us, have we need to remove "/oflaDemo" after writing the "Server" name.

Please do advice if we need to installation anything else into our server to make it working.

Thanks in Advance.

Please Help Us...

In reply to Virendra Sonawane

Odp: Re: WebClass installation

by Łukasz Sanokowski -
Server name is basically address of Your moodle site, which you type in web browser address bar, for example:

So if You type in web browser bar:
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.com
You should set streaming server in webclass config like this:
rtmp://aaa.bbb.ccc.com/oflaDemo

Regards