Individual Learning Plans (ILPs) are becoming central to the support and delivery of personalised learning by providing students with more opportunity to manage and track their own progress. A key element to the success of any ILP strategy is the integration of an organisation’s VLE to other information systems.
With this in mind, ULCC has developed a fully integrated ILP solution for the Moodle Open Source VLE within inspection criteria outlined by the QIA. The modules have been tested to work with versions 1.8 and 1.9.
- Target setting with manageable deadlines and open dialogue for action and reflection.
- A traffic-light status for clear management of student progress.
- Learner ownership with opportunities for students to reflect and respond to tutor comments throughout.
- Flexibility where options can be toggled and controlled via the Moodle roles architecture.
- Dynamic reports that always present the latest status reports.
- Interoperability with other data sources so each report is relevant and helpful.
- Sustainability with continued community support and updated releases.
(Edited by Helen Foster to add the Individual Learning Plan (ILP) link - original submission Friday, 2 November 2007, 01:39 PM)