Word wrap instead of extremely long scroll bar?

Word wrap instead of extremely long scroll bar?

by Jack Drolet -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,

I am trying to make a lesson for the first time and I have some lengthy multiple choice questions and answers. They are displayed with a very long scroll bar, which makes it pretty difficult to look at for students (or anyone else.)

I don't see how I can just make the text automatically wrap at the end of the screen...

Thanks for your help!

Jack
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Drolet

Re: Word wrap instead of extremely long scroll bar?

by Sacha Brostoff -

Are you still having this problem?

Sacha

In reply to Sacha Brostoff

by deep singh -

he might not be still having that problem... but i am! my moodle page will not word wrap. i hate having this extremely long horizontal scroll bar... any suggestions?

Deepinder

In reply to Jack Drolet

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Jack,
I do not understand what you mean by "lengthy multiple choice questions and answers". Please post a screen shot showing your problem,
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sandra King -
We have this issue in Moodle 1.8 in Firefox, but not in Safari. I am attaching a screen shot of one of our multiple choice questions. I would love to see a solution to this. You will notice that the text of the page stays correctly within the width of the screen, but the text of the multiple choice answers does not resize for a smaller screen, nor does it seem to have a valid maximum width.
Example of long answers
In reply to Sandra King

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Diagnostic: problem arises because of the <fieldset class="invisiblefieldset"> introduced, I suppose, for accessibility purposes.

Simple fix (for 1.8)

in file mod/lesson/view.php line 532 replace:

echo '<fieldset class="invisiblefieldset">';

with

echo '<fieldset class="invisiblefieldset" style="display: block; text-align:left;">';

Joseph

PS.- text-align:left; needed for MSIE 7, not needed for FireFox. Not tested in other browsers. Please test and report.

Vote for bug MDL-13465

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sandra King -
Thank you,

I implemented your solution and we have tested it in Mac Netscape, FireFox, and Safari. It works in all of them.

I don't have access to any computers running Microsoft so I don't know if it works there.