Moodle SLA

Moodle SLA

by Chris Joslin -
Number of replies: 1
Hello everyone!

I'm a student majoring in Computer Information Systems at Idaho State University in the United States. Idaho State University has approximately 14,000 students and recently implemented Moodle as our course management system, replacing WebCT in the process.

As part of my CIS 490 class, we're working with the team that oversees Moodle in hopes of developing a service level agreement for Moodle. It is our understanding that WebCT and Blackboard implementations typically include a service level agreement between the company in question and the university it serves. The agreement we would be developing would be between the university's IT department (specifically the Moodle team) and the users (university administration, students, faculty, staff, etc.). Ideally, it would describe guarantees of system availability, performance, as well as provide a list of services that the Moodle team would provide to its customers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has attempted to develop a SLA for Moodle. If so, could you share any details of the agreement here? Apologies if this post is in the wrong forum, but it seemed like a fitting place. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Joslin

Re: Moodle SLA

by Skip Marshall -
I have not heard of anyone else developing such an agreement. But I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. We run Moodle as the core to our corporate university and we also host and support it for a couple of our sister companies. We would be more than willing to help / collaborate any way we can.

Thanks,
Skip