Activities linking in meantime for Moodle 1.3

Activities linking in meantime for Moodle 1.3

by Bernard Boucher -
Number of replies: 5

Hi moodlers,

you will find attached some moodle's modified files permitting some activities linking for Moodle 1.3 with all it addons.

Same old lazy code with fresh new fileswink

Please don't try these on a production system, experiment before.

The linking is not intended to replace nor to be compatible with the Moodle Quiz most wanted feature or activity linking http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=297 .

In the meantime, it may be usefull to someone.

A readme file is included for the installation.

What you get:

1 - Only quiz, lesson and resource modules may be dependants ( locked or linked ) of one other module.

2 - Any module may be the predecessor or the activator of the linked module.

3 - If a quiz if choosen as a predecessor it must be fully graded ( 100 % ) to unlock linked activity. If you use Alvin Trick you can choose the grade you want to unlock.

4 - All others modules ( even if they are gradables ) have only to be "viewed" by the student to unlock linked module.

What you loose:

You will not be able , when in editing mode, to "moveto" a hidden module. If you really need to move an hidden module, show it, move it and hide it again. That is the cost to pay!

How to use it ( Teacher ):

A - Hide the module you want to be dependant.

B - Try to move it. Instead of the message "moveto" you will have "predecessor" before each other module in the course.

C - Click on the desired predessesor. It fullname will appear at the right of the linked module.

D - If you want to remove the link show the linked module.

E - Modules hidden but not linked are treated as before.

How to use it ( Student ):

F - All modules are treated as before if they are not linked.

G - Linked modules without the predecessor's condition realised appears dimmed with the predessessor name in parenthesis   (Timothy suggestion ).

H - As soon as the predecessor is done ( at that moment quiz grade or view of all others modules )

the dimmed linked module appears normal ( not dimmed ) as if it was not linked.

I - If a student try to type in the address bar the link to the quiz or the ressource a message indicate the name of the predessesor and the required grade for quiz.

Your comments are welcome.

Thank you for your testing time and have a good try,

Bernard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernard Boucher

Re: Activities linking in meantime for Moodle 1.3

by Alvin Shaffer -

Always right on top of things.....

Is there any way to add the lessons grade to the linking attribute (like the quiz grade)?

so that a particular grade on a lesson had to be met before moving on...

Thanks for the hard work!

In reply to Alvin Shaffer

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Alvin,
              sure there is a waysmile but you will have to add some codesad to do it.

My Moodle developpement time bank is almost empty with that.

Maybe this summer!

Bye,

Bernard

by Alvin Shaffer -
Sounds like a good task.

I will give it a shot
Thanks
In reply to Alvin Shaffer

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Alvin,
              try that, is is not well tested but it will help to shot more preciselywink

Bye,

Bernard

by Alvin Shaffer -

I will give her a spin, looks like you modified the islinked() function the same way I was about to.

Thanks