Serious Nwiki problem

Serious Nwiki problem

by dan donche -
Number of replies: 5
I downloaded and copied the nwiki files into my moodle directories where they should go. Everything I uploaded had only to do with wiki-specific directories, yet after I uploaded, ALL of my course content has disappeared. I just can't view it. In the administration block, however, if I click on "Activities" it shows that all the ones are there, somewhere. All topics, lessons--everything--I can't find them. The quizzes are the only things I can view. What would have caused this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to dan donche

Re: Serious Nwiki problem

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Ouch... this is very weird. Could you be more specific ?
Wich version of nwiki dis you install ? In what version of moodle ? What database server?
I would proceed like this:
1) backup ALL your files and database
2) delete the wiki directory from moodle/mod directory
3) delete the wiki tables from the database
See if is of any help
I would also try to re-copy the moodle distribution in case any files have been damaged..
keep us posted please
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by dan donche -
I have both the latest moodle 1.8 and the newest Nwiki 2.0.
PHP=5.2.4
MySQL=5.0.27

Maybe I did something wrong? Where are the Nwiki files supposed to go? For someone new to LMS/web administration, the directions might not be clear. I will try the steps you listed above later and see if that helps...
In reply to dan donche

by dan donche -
Okay, I went back, deleted the wiki tables in the database and also the moodle/mod/wiki directory. Then I ftp'd the Nwiki package again into my server. I can see the stuff again, but it still tries showing the old wiki I tried to make: "Course Module ID was incorrect".

If I try to add a new wiki, it allows me to try, with the nwiki format, but I click to submit the new activity and it says "Could not add a new instance of wiki".
In reply to dan donche

by dan donche -
Now I'm also getting "The required instance of this module doesn't exist."
In reply to dan donche

by dan donche -
Finally got it to work by constantly uninstalling and reinstalling. After each time I did it though, it wouldn't create the tables in the database or anything so I looked at

moodle/mod/db/mysql.sql

Then I pasted this document into myphpadmin and changed all the table prefixes from "prefix_wiki" to "mdl_wiki", as well as "prefix_log_display" to "mdl_log_display".

Everything works fine now.