I am currently investigating a "language strings mix-up" which occurs in a number of Moodle modules in the situation where a course's forced language is different from the moodle site's current language and the user's favorite language.
- Moodle site current language = A (e.g. French)
- Current user's favorite language = A (e.g. French)
- Current course forced language = B (e.g. English)
- Module wrongly defines its language strings globally or at any rate before doing a require_login($course->id) to properly set the currently used language.
- Result: language strings should be displayed using language B (e.g. English), but are displayed using language A (e.g. French).
This problem occurs in one place in the Hot Pot module (using moodle 1.8.3), as illustrated on attached screen dump.
in file mod/hotpot/lib.php, line 942, function hotpot_format_status(),
and replace with
$HOTPOT_STATUS = array ( HOTPOT_STATUS_INPROGRESS => get_string("inprogress", "hotpot"), HOTPOT_STATUS_TIMEDOUT => get_string("timedout", "hotpot"), HOTPOT_STATUS_ABANDONED => get_string("abandoned", "hotpot"), HOTPOT_STATUS_COMPLETED => get_string("completed", "hotpot"), );
All the best,