Can't enter grades for some students

Can't enter grades for some students

by Michael McDermot -
Number of replies: 4
In a course we have some students that the teacher can enter a grade but the grades does not stick. You enter a grade and click on SAVE but it just disappears. This only happens with a few students. I can't see anything different in their profile.

When I look at Grade Exceptions these students do no show up under the "Include in Grading" column. But the also do not show up in the "Exclude from Grading" column. I am at a loss as why this is happening. Anyone have a clue of what I need to look for or how to fix this problem?

Mike
In reply to Michael McDermot

Re: Can't enter grades for some students

by Michael McDermott -

Mike,

Have you tried deleting the affected students and then uploading them again. We had something similar and this worked. This is assuming you are not storing your students in another application and linking to Moodle. In that case it may solve the problem by deleting them and uploading them from that application.

You may however lose some of the students links to grades by doing this, though not necessarilly.

Mike McDermott (with an exta t)

In reply to Michael McDermot

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Mike - Were you able to resolve the issue of grade exceptions. I know that there were a few glitches but I think we have those resolved now. What version of Moodle are you using? Could you try upgrading the code for that release. Let me know if you continue to have issues. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Eric Malone -
I have been having the same problem except the student DOES show up in the grade inclusion, but no grade is recorded. No resolution.
In reply to Eric Malone

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Eric - Again, a screenshot and tracker issue will help me to organize and process things. Peace - Anthony